Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1, 2010

Oh the Weather outside is Frightful...

Please...cartoon weather set sleet

  • You know, when I taught down in Virginia, I always scoffed at the community for all but shutting down at the slightest hint of snow.  I would be like: "Snow?  This isn't Snow!  You don't know what Snow is until you have lived up North!  Up there, they don't shut down for anything!"  At this point in time, I can't have a decent conversation with any of my friends from that area without them throwing (proverbial) snowballs back in my face...

  • I know that we are afraid of just about anything nowdays, but please, a little common sense and safe driving practices go a long way towards getting us where we need to be...

Oh well,

Quote for the day:  
Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella.  ~Terri Guillemets

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.  ~John Ruskin

No comments:

Post a Comment